Saturday, September 15, 2012

Five out of Six

This is the sixth post I've started since the last one I've published. 
I'd say it's because I have a baby now and get called away a lot, but that'd be the truth. 

I miss writing. 
I miss feeling like I have time that for a few moments or a few hours I could just sit and write and think while I'm writing. 

I love finding the "Best words in the best order" as said Samuel Taylor Coleridge, in Table Talk, July 12, 1827.

I have not-so-secret ambitions of becoming a famous author. I don't think it's really about the fame as much as writing something that really makes a difference. That would mean that I accomplished the writing dreams and also made a difference.

I guess I'm really worried about making a difference, because I find myself asking that question and using that phrase quite often. Though, luckily for the people I talk to often, this mainly happens during inner dialogue. 

I don't think I would write a novel. There are just too many. And I don't really like to read novels that much. Or I should say, I don't make time to read novels. I'd rather make time for people. But back to the genre-decision quest. 

Poetry comes the easiest to me. Every time I write a poem, it seems to be more like a puzzle. I have to find the best words and the best order. I have to organize my thoughts and ideas have to be presented in a familiar pattern, but with a meaningful message. Meter, rhyme and word choice are king. Then, at the end of a great poem, I feel a sense of completeness and clarity. 

Writing is also creating, so I feel as though I have contributed to goodness, even without certainty that anyone will ever read my writing or care. 


AND! Once again, I was doing something else instead of finishing this post. 
Do posts have to be finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment