Tuesday, April 5, 2011

and one more, just for fun.

I know I'm almost 25, but I still feel so much alive.
I'm not quite ready to settle down to just one job, or just one town.
Ideas excite me and I know there are many directions I'd like to go.
I'd like to swing on a trapeze, or glide down fabric by my knees.
I want to learn to paint and cook, but most, I'd like to write a book.

I'll gather up amazing phrases, explaining things between the pages.
And some will laugh while others ask why I rhyme when I don't even try.
But the words will flow and my heart will soar, if only I could write some more.
If only I could spend my day in capturing what I'd like to say
I'd teach people to try things they couldn't have done, and the more that they read, the more they will have fun.
Oh, just to play for a moment or two with words and phrases as authors do!

But now I have to retire for the day. I hope tomorrow I'll find more sweet things I could say.

1 comment: