Of course, checking Facebook does nothing to help- nothing on the internet does, really. When you're alone, looking at such removed human interaction does nothing, either help you feel a part of things or to satiate any need for human reassurance.
At that point I try to turn back to God and look for peace or help, only to feel at a loss as to what I could even ask for.
And then my baby cries again, or it's time to make dinner and I resign myself to being alone, without a friend to call and cry to, and only guiltier that I am not only failing at motherhood and wifehood, but also sisterhood and friendships. When did I let everything go?
But I'll comfort the child, and hope that comfort will one day find me, since I've lost my way to finding it on my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment