Monday, August 3, 2009

. . . it's all just a little bit of history repeating

I know that some people find themselves in the same situation over and over again.
I'm just in the first "again" at this point.

Somewhere along the line someone starts to get so attached
and I see the situation from the outside.
It's like suddenly I am put on trial:
Am I that attached?
Do I feel the same?
Am I making it up?
I have to ask myself if I'm just happy or if it's something more.
And am I really happy?

I don't want history to repeat itself. It isn't the kind of movie you want to watch again. Once was enough.

So it starts to really hurt my heart
just at the thought
that it might be
the same thing
again.

Bittersweet symphonies
the dissonance
right before the resolve
into a beautiful new key.

But how do I know
if the music shifts
into a better key
or just a more complicated melody?

No comments:

Post a Comment